I just finished the last part of my course Getting Clear. Being You, where one of the things we did was looking at inside-out goals. Exploring our why and for who we do the things we do.
So I thought it could be about time that I share my why when it comes to my work-life.
Well. Let´s start with why I have chosen to be self-employed and not employed by a company right now.
Here´s the why-list:
1. I love to create and be in charge of that creation.
2. I love that I can decide how and where to work. Freedom is really a thing for me.
3. To build my teams. I LOVE this one!
4. Resting when I need to. I live with chronical pain right now. Most of the time I´m doing alright, but there are days when I only can do very little, and being my own gives me an opportunity to work shorter days when I´m in pain.
5. I know I have self-discipline and can pull it off. This is important to me. I have routines, an office and I´m good at structuring my work-days.
6. I´m building something for myself and my family.
And there´s SO much more of course!
Then there´s the WHY in WHAT I work with:
Courses and coaching in personal development and mindfulness.
1. I love connecting with people and help and inspire them to live lives that feels true to their hearts!
2. I love to talk about and share the broader and deeper aspects of our lives. Like, sharing this crazy human experience, which is both a lovely experience, but sometimes a complex and tough one.
3. I´ve been into psychology and personal development since I was 16. It´s one of my highest interests that I have the pleasure to work with.
4. I want to do something to make people feel better and less stressed since stress is a big problem in our society right now. To live life with more ease and flow and less pushing.
5. I love to inspire people to find their strengths, their right element and that more profound connection with themselves.
My duo making organic pop music
1. Music, singing, and writing is my creative expression, without music I just don´t feel whole.
2. I´m doing it with my husband, and it´s super nice to create music together and play gigs together.
3. When playing live I have to be very present with what I do, it´s so direct to be up on that stage. And a little bit scary in a good way;-)
4. Sharing music is connecting with the deeper parts of myself and in other people, something that I love!
5. I love the time - limitations of a song. To find the essence, the core or the feelings in a song that is only a few minutes long. To start with an idea and see the finished result. Love that process!
6. It´s fun!
A production company doing shows and tours. A booking agency for speakers, artists, and social entrepreneurs.
1. The people we work with are so skilled in their areas. When people book them I feel I´m a part of doing something good for workplaces and organizations. To make a difference.
2. To help people create their dream show is such a rewarding experience.
3. To see a project grow from an idea to the day of the premiere or the event. Something that started with a thought, manifested into something that many people can enjoy.
4. All the fantastic people I get to meet of course.
5. My business partner, Ragnhild Glimregn, who I love to work with.
So that is some of the reasons why I do the things I do. Now, what is your why?
I´ll be happy to hear from you in comments on Instagram, LinkedIN and Facebook.